- Fully qualified & insured teams
- Free site assessments
- Rapid response
- Rated Excellent
SafeSite Security Solutions Partners With The NFU To Provide Security Benefits
The National Farmers Union (NFU) is the most successful representation body for agriculture and horticulture in England and Wales, giving British farmers a voice and helping to create a stable and sustainable future for its members.
SafeSite Security Solutions is proud to be an official NFU CCTV supplier, offering its +55,000 members a 10% discount on CCTV products and installation services.
Research carried out by NFU Mutual has revealed that the cost of crime in the countryside is at its highest in five years. Therefore, being vigilant and proactive in protecting your farm, livestock and property is a crucial part of rural life.
A rise in the amount of farmland for sale in England is being forecast as more landowners look to sell up ahead of direct subsidy payments being phased out during the Brexit transition period. Internal research by property experts Savills reveals that 22% of its surveyors and consultants have met clients who are intending to sell vacant possession property. According to Farmers Weekly, land buyers are also likely to be in shorter supply, with the Savills survey revealing that 32% of its consultants have met clients who have postponed the decision to buy vacant property.
Vacant properties are vulnerable properties and security measures are essential to reduce risks of theft, damage and vandalism.
If you are an NFU member and want to find out more about installing CCTV on your property click here or phone NFU CallFirst on 0370 845 8458.
How to protect your farm / home
Many farms are homes as well as places of business, so any criminal activity can have both a financial and an emotional impact. Taking the following security precautions can help safeguard your family and your business.
- Ensure all doors, gates and windows are locked when you leave the house, even if you are still outside within your property boundary. Keep house and car keys completely out of sight.
- Security barriers can prevent criminals, particularly those driving 4x4s, from attempting to access your private farmland.
- Create a single entry point onto your property. Ensuring there is only one way in and out can deter thieves who generally favour multiple exit options.
- Store any high value items such as expensive tools, farm machinery and fuel within strong rooms or a vault.
- Install security lighting in yards and driveways.
- Connect CCTV cameras to monitor your property and review any criminal activity.
- Position a burglar alarm system, complete with infra-red motion detection in prominent sight to deter criminals.
- Keep dogs or geese to act as an early warning system and gravel rather than hard standing around farm buildings.
- Display prominent, high visibility warning signs highlighting the security measures on your property.
- Join a FarmWatch scheme to increase security within your rural community. Sharing information and intelligence between farmers, the police and countryside residents is vital in preventing crime and ensuring criminals are brought to justice.
Taking these precautions is vital in preventing rural crime. By proactively working together, rural communities can play an important role in ensuring farmers are able to continue to work effectively.
Whether you’re a grower, farm livestock or have a mixed holding we’re here to support your security requirements. Contact us today for friendly, expert advice and a no obligation quotation.
Rural Crime Reporting Line
The NFU has partnered with the national charity Crimestoppers to launch the Rural Crime Reporting Line, a service through which you can anonymously give information about rural crimes. You can either call the dedicated Rural Crime Reporting Line on 0800 783 0137 or visit www.ruralcrimereportingline.uk to give information anonymously about large-scale, industrial fly-tipping, hare coursing, livestock theft and machinery theft.
Small Business Guide to CCTV
The National Business Crime Centre has launched guidance to current or potential users of CCTV on how to get the most from this technology. The Guide can be found here.
Request a free no-obligation quote
We respond in under 30 mins on average (excl. weekends)